Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Back scrubber

A friend of mine was sitting on one of our kitchen stools. My preschooler comes up behind her with a dripping washcloth. Exactly even with his line-of-sight is a small swatch of her exposed back, right where her T-shirt and jeans don’t quite meet.

“Ahhhh!” She shouts, jumping to her feet.

Guiltily, he holds out the washcloth.

“What are you doing?” I ask, tersely.

He throws up his hands, angry that I’m angry. “Cleaning!” he shouts. As if it’s painfully obvious why he was scrubbing her back, he shakes the washcloth in the air.

My friend and I look at each other, puzzled.

Then my friend touches the small of her back, and a grin spreads across her face. “My tattoo!” she laughs. “He was trying to scrub off my tattoo for me!”

Sure enough, she has a tattoo on the small of her back, and he was trying to help out and “clean it off,” just like I’m constantly scrubbing his dirty little hands and face with a washcloth.

2 comments:

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.