Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Friday, January 30, 2009

Love at first sight

I’m embarrassed to say that we were watching some cheesy, brainless reality show one night. Momma’s Boys, or something like that (we don't have cable, so choices are very limited).

My three-year-old caught an eyeful of the parade of bimbos. Immediately, he puts down his truck to watch a buxom blonde make some ridiculous statement.

“Mom,” he says in awe, “I love her.”

Oh please no.

“Why do you love her?” I ask.

“Because she’s a cutie pie,” he explains.


(Grandma always calls him a "cutie pie.")

In retrospect, maybe this would have been a good time for a discussion about love being more than skin-deep. Instead I rolled my eyes at my husband when the little guy turned away. Somehow, I think we'll have plenty more opportunities to talk about love and cutie pies in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.