Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Friday, February 13, 2009

Beware the quiet toddler

I've come to realize that a quiet toddler can only mean one thing: Danger ahead!


And when you have a baby in the house, it becomes increasingly more difficult to stop the trouble-making toddler before things get messy.


For example, the other night I was putting Babycakes to sleep. I came downstairs to find every single one of my CDs and DVDs, out of the containers, in a giant pile in the middle of the living room floor.


So maybe I should have known better. But today while I was feeding the Baby his lunch, I let the toddler watch a video in the other room. He even picked out an educational video about bugs - so I was feeling rather proud.


From the kitchen I could see that he never even got up from our dark red wingback chair - one of my husband's favorites.


(Now, I should qualify that there was a tiny, tiny hole in the fabric on the arm of the chair - like a white pinprick, hardly noticeable.)


When I went back in the living room, here's what I found...

...

...

...






He sat and picked at that hole during the entire show, leaving this gaping wound in what used to be a rather nice chair. I guess we won't be buying any new furniture for say, another 10 years...




1 comment:

  1. Ouch. And I used to worry about a dog or cat and the furniture!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.