Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Good news on the sleep front (but shhhhhh)

I'm about to jinx myself, but with all the past posts on Operation Nighttime, I should update the masses...

Babycakes slept through the night on Monday. All the way, like 8 p.m. until 5 a.m.

And then he did it again Tuesday.

And Wednesday.

I really, really want to do a happy dance. This has been a long time coming. Almost 10 months ... but I'm still cautious to call it a trend. In fact, I'm getting nervous even writing this.

Plus, our older son was up each of those nights, so for us, it wasn't a try "sleep through the night" experience. In fact, the big guy is learning to play us against each other. Last night, he came to my side of the bed.

"Mom, I need to cuddle."

"Wait 'till the beeps," I told him. He knows he can't get in our bed until the alarm clock goes off, and it was all of 11:30 at night.

"OK," he says.

I hear his little feet patter around to the other side of the bed.

"Daddy, I need to cuddle."

Daddy lifts up the blanket and gives him a big hug. (He denies any recollection of this.)

1 comment:

  1. I wish you the best on the 'sleep front'. I was just telling someone about my child's sleep issues (that I created & take full responsibility for) LOL! We've been co-sleeping since birth & I hold her for every, yes, every nap. She wakes 2-3 times a night to nurse, but always goes right back to sleep. I've read the books, etc... Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.