Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Monday, February 23, 2009

Little bodies, big appetites

I should have known.

On one of my first dates with my husband, we went for coffee in the middle of the afternoon. Rest assured, he had already eaten lunch. He proceeded to order coffee and four bagels, then turned to me to ask if I wanted anything. Sure enough, he ate them, one after the next. A little snack.

My dad's nickname in the Army was Sgt. Garbage, since he was known to polish off his buddies' leftovers.

So I should have know that my boys would be big eaters. But as a girl who grew up with a sister, I had know idea what I was in for.

Tonight for dinner my 9-month-old polished off a whole big jar of #3 baby food (broccoli with carrots and cheese), followed by a container of applesauce. Plus a teething biscuit and some of the spaghetti we were eating. An hour later, he breastfed.

The other day my preschooler had some crackers and lemonade at a play date. In the car ride home, he ate a granola bar. When we got home, he ate a soy corndog, apple slices, raisins, a 100-calorie bag of popcorn - and then asked me to make him mac-n-cheese. I made a packet of Easy Mac and he finished about half of it.

I'm starting to wonder, should we be looking for farmland? How else are we ever going to make it through their teen-age years?

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Haha- look out! Maybe you better start buying stock in food products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I live with two big eaters, too. My son would nurse every hour if I let him. My husband always finishes my food. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or perhaps you should open your own grocery store?

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.