Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It's fun to stay at the...

Wondering where I've been lately?

That's right, the Y.M.C.A.

Tonight we took our hyperactive (well aren't all 3-year-old boys hyperactive?) preschooler to his first gymnastics class. For someone who isn't especially shy, tonight he decided he would rather hold onto my leg and repeatedly kiss Babycakes on the head than join his pint-sized peers in the little gymnastics class.

And this is the kid who begged me this morning, "Mom, can I skip day care and go right to 'nastics?"

"Um, no."

"Why not?" he whined.

"It doesn't start until 5:30 tonight."

"That's OK, I'll sit here until 5:30," he says, at approximately 6:30 a.m.

But all that initial excitement died as soon as we walked into the gym. It wasn't until the last 10-15 minutes that he decided to participate. But then, he loved it. Or what was left of it.

And then, as these things go, he was having so much fun he didn't want to leave. He even tried to sneak his way into the class for bigger kids that starts after his class.

(You can read about our other Y adventures at Boogerland, including my shake-those-hips-zumba-mama class.)

4 comments:

  1. Great site, Love the name, love the story behind it.I'm stopping by from MBC 100's. Added you to my blog list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got to love kids! My daughter enjoyed ski school so much that she wanted to quit regular school and just go to ski school. It never occurred to her that there's a difference in the curriculum :)

    I'm glad your son is enjoying his class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, following you from the 100 followers club:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so hear you! My daughter fights going to ballet class every week, then has a blast once she actually gets there. Kids!

    I'm following you from MBC Under 100 Club. I'm looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.