Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

There's always a caveat

I've noticed lately that every time I tell my preschooler he can do something, there always seems to be a caveat. Every "yes" is laced with a "but don't do this."

Here's what I mean:
  • "Sure, I'll cuddle with you... if you promise not to wipe your nose on my shirt."
  • "Yes, it's OK to bite your nails... just don't bite other people's nails."
  • "You can walk ahead of me ... wait, not that far ahead of me!"
  • "I guess you can lick those blueberries off your plate... no, you can't lick them off the floor."
  • "You can have that piece of candy... please don't eat the wrapper... or feed it to your brother."

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! I really like your site. Very funny, and oh, so true!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.