Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Attack of the nose beetles

Like a lot of 3-year-olds, my son spends a fair amount of time with his finger up his nose. His day care lady often asks, "Are you digging for gold?"

At breakfast the other morning, my husband asked him nicely to stop picking his nose.

He kept at it.

Then I asked him to quit it.

He continued.

"You could hurt yourself!" Daddy told him. This got his attention.

"How?" he asked.

"Well, you could make your nose bleed!" Dad explained.

He scrunched up his nose. "Bees? In my nose?"

I laughed. "No honey, not bees. It'll bleed. Your nose will bleed."

He thought about this for a minute.

"Oh," he finally nods, sagely. "Beetles."

We just shook our heads. I guess we'll see if the idea of beetles in his nose makes him dig up there less or more.

5 comments:

  1. Thats why I never ate anything at my son's daycare.

    shiver

    tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol thats funny. Zoe just started doing the finger in her nose UGH!! Oh toddlers are so much fun:O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! B2B picked you for the One Lovely Blog Award. Stop by my blog and pick up your award :)

    http://www.bundle2baby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I am passing on to you the One Lovely Blog Award. Stop by my blog and pick up your award :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bees... beetles... boogers... it's all in a days digging.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.