Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Friday, May 8, 2009

A couple laughs

Wow, it's been a whole week since I've posted something! Babycakes is turning one tomorrow, and I've been busy getting ready for his party. But I'm also feeling a little, not sad exactly, but subdued I guess. I think it's both the fact that he got so big on me so fast, and memories of the difficult time following his birth (the hospitalizations, surgeries, dealing with his colostomy, recovery).

But nonetheless, there's still plenty of funny little things happening over here in boogerland. So a couple laughs for you:

Today we spotted a big semi carrying Doritos. I asked my preschooler, "Where do you think it's going?"

He pondered. I gave him a hint.

"Where's a place that they have lots and lots of chips?"

I was thinking grocery store.

And then the light bulb clicked on. His eyes light up.

"I know, Mom! Somewhere they make a lot of nachos!"

I've also noticed some more interesting, and rather appropriate, word confusion this week:
  • Covered (cupboard): I'll put that back in the covered.
  • Hand-rock (hammock): I'm going to play on the hand-rock.

And I remembered that when I was a kid I thought vitamins were "bite-em-in's." Made perfect sense to me, since you bite them in.

5 comments:

  1. DS's birthday is today. I totally understand what you mean about feeling subdued. Happy Birthday Babycakes! (We call DS that too! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 1 year! Our little babycakes turns 10-months today, and the time, it has gone so quickly. How old was your son when he had his pull-thru? I can't remember. We're still waiting with Bri. Her surgeon wants her to be certain, long-in-coming, size first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwwwwww it's so bittersweet when they turn one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute!! He is precious.



    Came over from MBC under 100 club. I've already made it to 100 but still out there helping others get there! ;)

    Come visit me some time!

    www.smalltownlouisianagirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your little one has a great birthday tomorrow!

    I came over from MBC under 100 followers club.
    Enjoy the big day! And have a wonderful Mother's Day!

    I'm looking forward to reading more!!

    Vanessa
    www.militarywifemayhem.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.