Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Friday, May 1, 2009

What's that jingle?

So it was a recent, frantic morning. I'm simultaneously eating my make-shift breakfast and packing my lunch as Babycakes clutches my leg, slyly wiping his nose on my work pants.



Faintly, I hear jingle, jingle.



Odd.



I look around, and all I see is my toddler doing a little dance, resisting my persistent requests to "Please put your shoes on," and "Please put your coat on."



I go back to my chores.



Jingle, jingle.



It's a metallic sound.



My toddler is hopping around again. He seems to notice the sound, now, too.



"What's that, Mom?" He stops, and the noise stops.



"Do you have coins in your pockets?" I ask. He's not allowed to play with money, for several reasons.



He shrugs and reaches into his pockets. He pulls out two chubby handfuls of beer bottle caps. Apparently he's been collecting them from a spot next to the recycling. And on this special morning, he was going to bring them to day care for show-and-tell.



Lovely.

9 comments:

  1. Hi, stopping by from MBC under 100 club. I'm following you. You're welcome to visit me and enter my giveaways, including $75 to spend on handbags and belts. Thanks!
    icefairy's Treasure Chest

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing out loud. Aren't kids great?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! That story's one of the best yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny,kids they keep you on your toes.
    I found you through MBC under 100 I look forward to following you. Hope you will stop by and follow my blog. Also I am excited to say I am hosting my first giveaway, so if you get a sec check it out.
    http://ehaggins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahahahaa... I found you via the MBC under 100 ... I am following you :) I look forward to following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so funny!
    Following from the 100's club, come visit when you have a chance, i'll be back to check your posts:)
    http://kidzborn2impress.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute. Following from MBC

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! My son is crazy about coins, so that's what I automatically thought what the jiggle was!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting story

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.