Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Sunday, June 7, 2009

All hail the garage sale queen

OK, I'm not really a garage sale queen, but I sure cleaned up this weekend. And I get really giddy when I get a good deal (does anyone out there not know that I paid just $38 for my wedding dress?) so I just gotta share.




Here's what we got:

  • A classy, simple couch to replace the ugly old futon in our living room (click on the photo for a closer look)

  • A kid's scooter (not motorized, just the regular push kind)

  • A boy's bike, perfect size for a lanky 4-year-old who's about ready to ditch the training wheels

  • Two dresses for yours truly

  • A kid's life jacket

  • A pair of water-wings

  • A little toy tea set for the boys to play with

So what was the grand total? Drum roll, please.

Just $99.

$75 (couch); $10 (scooter); $5 (bike); $3 and $2 (dresses); $2 (life jacket); $2 (tea set); and they threw in the water wings for free.

And to help keep the universe in balance, I sold our old bassinet for just $8.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's great. I love the couch!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.