Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Saturday, June 27, 2009

High-tech tricycle

Since a friend is turning 4 tomorrow, my preschooler accompanied me to pick out a gift today. Through aisles of action figures, trucks, Legos and bubble-blowers, he was surprisingly well-behaved. If he did ask, "Mom, can I bring that home for me?" I explained that it was his buddy's birthday. His own birthday isn't for another couple months.

And I was pleased that he didn't put up much of a fuss.

That is, until we hit the check-out line.

Suddenly, he had to have this mini, travel-size Etch A Sketch. Considering his previous good behavior today, I relented. Plus it was only three bucks.

The whole way home he stared at it, turning the knobs ever so slightly. As we pulled into our street, he suddenly piped up, "Hey! We're almost home!"

I thought, OK, so he recognized this is our street.

Then when we got home, he ran for his tricycle, balanced the Etch A Sketch on the handlebars, and ever-so-carefully practiced doing laps around the house. Still I didn't think too much of it.

But soon after, Babycakes knocked the Etch A Sketch off the trike. Fists clenched, my son turn to his baby brother and yelled, "You're not allowed to play with my GPS!"

3 comments:

  1. OMG!! This is hilarious!!! You have me laughing out loud. This is one of the funniest posts I've read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!!

    I am following from the MBC 100. ; )

    Thanks!
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you serious??? That's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.