Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Monday, June 29, 2009

That's one way to serve salad

We have lettuce of every variety coming out of our ears these days. Each year we buy a CSA farm share where were get a box of in-season organic veggies from a local farm every week from June through October. And the last two weeks it's been lettuce, lettuce, everywhere.

So I'm serving salad with every meal. Usually for my preschooler I leave it plain or maybe put on a couple drops of ranch dressing.

Yesterday at lunch I decided to use a little of the aged balsamic and fancy olive oil that we picked up on vacation. (Yes, it was from the store that didn't allow strollers.)

What was the reaction from our almost-4 year old?

He took a bite and his eyes got wide. He jumped up, ran to me and tugged at my shirt with genuine concern in his sweet little face.

"Mom," he gasped, "There's poison in the salad!"

2 comments:

  1. Oh how funny! My daughters have had funny things to say about "strange" food, but so far poison hasn't come up! I'm going to be laughing about that one for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just FINALLY figured out where he even learned about poison. It's from the lawn service we have that sprays the yard every few weeks. Daddy explained to him that he can't play outside for two days after because they sprayed "poison" our lawn. Ah ha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.