Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I love you THAT much

Mo inspired the name of this blog when he told me he loved me "better than boogers."

He recently picked up with the "I love you more thans" again.

First it was, "I love you more than mud."

And then he decided, "Mom, I love you more than Daddy loves you."

Not sure what gave him this idea. Or if it's a little bit of that male competitiveness coming out. So I tried to explain to him, "Honey, Daddy loves me very much. I know you love me, too. And that's just fine."

"Mom, I know Daddy loves you, too. I just love you more." He paused to think about it. "WAY more."

I laughed. "I know you love me a lot. I love you too. And Daddy loves both of us a lot."

He shook his head. He wasn't about to give in. In fact, I could tell he was getting frustrated by my attempts to change his mind.

Finally, he explained. "Mom, I love you thirteen hundred eleventeen million." He paused to make sure I was listening. "Daddy only loves you six."

Not sure how to respond to that, I decided to drop it.

5 comments:

  1. That's adorable. When I was about 4, I remember really wanting to know which of we kids my mom loved the best. I really believed she loved me most. But she wouldn't give in. Finally she said she loved dad the best, and I found that very acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny. Yesterday one of my daughters asked me if Hubby is my best friend. When I said yes she frowned and said she would make a better best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I posted this I overheard him telling Daddy, "You know, I love you more than Mommy loves you." I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fantastic! And probably true. My husband and I often talk about how we love the bonky more than we could ever love each other... and that's ok!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.