Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mo's deep thought for the day

If you follow this blog, you already know that my 3-year-old, Mo, is a deep thinker. For example:
  • He explained his brother's colostomy as a "belly button where poop comes out."
  • He purposely gets into time-out just before clean-up time or bedtime.
  • He describes holding his urine as "having a stopper in my penis."

So here's a recent Deep Though of the Day.

It started, like many of our conversations, with a question.

"Mom?"

"Yeah."

"Why do you say that same thing if you're trying to say 'Get outta my way' or if you're saying 'I just tooted?'"

"Hunh?"

"If you want someone to get out of the way, you say, 'Excuse me.' And if you just tooted, you say, 'Excuse me.'"

"Um, I guess you're right."

I guess I could have explained that "Excuse me" is a polite way of saying, "I'm sorry." But I only know that a flood of other questions would come pouring down - Why should I be sorry that I tooted, everybody toots? Why should I be sorry that he was in my way?

Instead, I just congratulated him for being such a savvy guy.

And I can't wait to hear what questions are coming for me next!

3 comments:

  1. Going to time out just before cleanup? It's all making sense now why one of my daughters seems intentionally naughty right at clean up time. I never put it together. Thanks Mo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quadmama, it sounds like Mo and your little girl could find lots of trouble together :) I like to joke that I wish he'd use his brains for good instead of evil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a very smart boy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.