Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Friday, July 10, 2009

Oregano with a twist


Mo and I were grinding some herbs this morning.


Ur. Perhaps I should give a little back story. Oregano plants - or more like bushes - took over our side-yard. (And pumpkins overtook our garden, but that's a story for another day.) So my husband recently leveled Oregano-Land and dried it. Next step: crunch it up.


Yes, it would take like 2 seconds in the food processor. But Mo loves the little hand-grinder. And Curley was sound asleep. So Mo and I spent some time this morning crunching up oregano.


He was "playing" so nicely that I decided to make a quick call for work, while I had a spare moment. I noticed him get up at one point and then return to the grinding, but I didn't think much of it.


But then, upon closer inspection, I realized he got out the sprinkles (red container in pic). You know, the little itty bitty balls, I think they're called nonpareils. I figured, oh, he must be eating them. But no.


He mixed them in with the ground oregano.


He looks at me, eyes gleaming, "Isn't it pretty Mom?"


I gulped, "Just ask me next time before you get out the sprinkles, OK?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.