Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Friday, July 31, 2009

What can a 3-year-old destroy in under 5 minutes?

The answer: His room.

While I was talking to my mom on the phone last night and fetching a bottle for Curly, Mo went up to play in his room. Well, I thought he was playing. I heard a couple clunks but here in Boogerland, I'm more nervous if they're quiet. Noise is normal. Noise is good.

But then, when I heard what distinctly sounded like Curly's crib being knocked over, I went to check on him. I knew it was a bad sign when I couldn't open the door because the nightstand had been pulled in front of it.


You see, Mo just realized a couple days ago that he could move our couch. It was like an epiphany for him. I can move furniture! All by myself!


So apparently he decided to give his new skill a try and just went nuts in his room. And it's not like he was angry or trying to cause damage. I was more like, hey, I bet I can take all the books out of my bookshelf and then move the bookshelf onto my bed. And then move my nightstand in front of the door. And knock over my brother's crib.
In fact, I think he was quite proud of himself.


Lately I've been referring to my little guy as the Destroyer. But Mo made it clear that he's the real Destroyer, if he puts his mind to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.