Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Seesaws and false advertising

I was driving with the boys yesterday. As we approached a neighborhood park, "the blue park," Mo sighs loudly from the backseat.

"Mom!"



"Yeah?"



"There's no seesaw at the blue park!" he says definitively.



I nod in agreement. "Yes, Honey, I know." Trying to follow his train of thought, I added, "They don't have a fire pole either." Because right now, he just loves fire poles.



"But MOM!" he says, getting angry.



"What?"



"The sign says there's a seesaw at that park. And I KNOW there's not a seesaw at the blue park!" he fumed.



Confused and trying to placate him, I simply agreed. "OK. You're right." And then I quickly changed the subject.



But on the drive back home, I figured it out. And I realized I should have taken little Mo a bit more seriously. He's a smart little bugger. And a very deep thinker.



About a block before the park - the blue park that contains absolutely NO seesaw - here's what I saw, what Mo must have seen, too:







5 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing when you think they are just pulling something out of thin air and you realize, they aren't? It makes you all confuzzeled! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know when I last saw a see-saw! Seriously. It's like playgrounds/parks don't have them anymore! And funny you should mention that particular sign. I noticed the exact same one this morning (before I saw this post!) near our neighborhood park - and guess what? NO SEE-SAW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an observant kid! I would have been mad if I were him, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How confusing our world must be for little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, they're so literal at this age, it's very hard to explain stuff like this. And I have a feeling that the hard-to-explain questions/answers are only beginning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.