Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Monday, September 28, 2009

Just another night in Boogerland

So tonight was a typical night in Boogerland.

The boys wanted to "help" clean up, so I let them squirt the Windex and wipe it up with paper towels. A recent favorite activity. Only Mo decided it would be fun to rub his head across the windows, using his hair to mop up the Windex. Who needs paper towel anyway? Curley had to get in on the action, too, of course.

So I hauled them off to the bathtub to de-Windex.

Mo ran ahead of me, stripping along the way, and proceeded to rip all the sheets and blankets off my bed and the guest bed. He prefers to jump (naked) on mattresses that are bare, too, I guess.

Bath time was a four-towel event, as they tried to out-splash each other.

Afterwards, Mo refused to get dressed. Refused to dry off. Refused to re-make the beds. So when Daddy got home, Mo was sitting (wrapped in a towel) in time-out.

"I'm disappointed that you're not behaving for Mom tonight," Dad says.

"How do you know I'm not behaving?" Mo asks.

"Well, I heard you when I was walking up the steps," Dad explains.

Mo gave him a questioning glance.

"Kiddo, I have ears you know," Dad says.

"So? I have ears. Everybody has ears," says Mo.

3 comments:

  1. I can only imagine what my daughters would do if I sent them to time out in a towel... I may have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cal Gal 5129.9.09

    Another funny and entertaining story! And ironically, at the bottom of the blog is a link to coupons for free paper towels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite was them rubbing the Windexed windows with their hair. How efficient! Clean hair and clean windows (wink, wink) at the same time!

    Sounds like you had a challenging evening, but you report it so calmly. Way to go, mom!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.