Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Boob tube for the birdies

The concept of reflection is hard to grasp when you're four. (So is sarcasm, but I'll talk about that another day.)

Today was dark and rainy. Cuddled on the couch, Mo and I watched a Rugrats video from the library (until the VCR ate said video, thanks to Curly breaking the VCR with Tinker Toy bits - but again, I digress).

Mo suddenly noticed the reflection of his favorite cartoon in the picture window behind us.

"Mom! Look out there!" he yelled, looking from the real TV to the reflected TV and back again. "It's two TVs! Wow! Two TVs!"

Too tired to explain - because Daddy would have surely given him the entire scientific explanation of light refraction and yada yada yada - I just smiled and said, "Yeah, two TVs."

He grinned back at me and looked out the window some more.

"That's nice, Mommy," he said after a minute. "Now all the animals can watch TV too."

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how tender. You've got a senstive kid, him happy to share his space, time, and goods with the animals. Not that he needs it, but I totally approve.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.