Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Monday, November 16, 2009

Boogerland or barfland…

Lest you wonder where we’ve been lately, a nasty stomach bug has been working its way through our family. There isn’t much that I can say about it that’s funny or interesting - but here are a couple things:

1.Where did we catch this nasty tummy bug? I suspect that it was in the crowded doctor’s office, filled with lots of little kids and their parents. We ended up getting two doses of the H1N1 vaccine – plus our special bonus: three cases of the stomach flu.

2. And yesterday, when I felt like death warmed over, I took refuge in the upstairs bathtub. I submerged myself in warm water as much as possible, with my ears under water and my eyes closed.

Imagine my surprise when Mo, who snuck in the bathroom unbeknownst to me, decided to help me out a little by adding some more water to the tub. He simply unscrewed the top off his sippy cup and dumped its entire contents (ice cold water) onto my belly.

I screamed and flailed and scared the kid to death. He kept repeating, “Mom, I was trying to help.” I know he was, but talk about a rude awakening!

I guess the moral for today is that good intentions don’t always pay off.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry your household is sick! And poor Curly and his rash; we really do know what that is like. Constantly.

    You know, I once had a college roommate, as a prank, dump a bucket of ice-water over my head while I was taking a hot shower. It is a fairly unpleasant and surprising sensation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everyone is starting to feel better. It's not easy being sick and trying to take care of sick kids.. especially when they're trying to be "helpful."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you don't feel well, but hey you got it out of the way - won't get that one again. There is nothing worse than being sick and your kiddos r "helpful".

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.