Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Mo's funny-ache

Last weekend we went to Mount Olympus in the Wisconsin Dells after I got an awesome deal using their "Make An Offer" feature. It was a last-minute getaway. We did the same thing last year after I found a great deal.

Mo goes crazy for waterparks - and they have an indoor waterpark which is the perfect size for our family - a few big slides, a large kids' area and a lazy river. We tried going to one of the super-sized waterparks with Mo when he was little and it was just too loud and overwhelming.

Mt. Olympus also has an indoor theme park, which has several small carnival rides - again, perfect for a kid Mo's size. And all of this is included with the cost of the hotel room.

Well, since the weather was so nice last weekend, they had some of the rides in their huge outdoor theme park open too - bonus! - so it was like going to Six Flags, and then an indoor carnival, and then a water park. Talk about a lot of excitement in one day. And a lot of junk food.

While we were riding the swings at the outdoor theme park, I asked Mo how he was feeling. He said, "I have a funny-ache." What a perfect way to describe the feeling on a roundy-round ride.

But soon, Mo set his sights on the waterpark. I kept suggesting different "dry" rides before we made the trek back to our rooms to get our swimsuits on. I could tell he was done when he said, "NO!"

"What's wrong, don't you like the rides," Daddy asked.

"This place is just too," he paused and looked around, "too themey for me!"

So we abandoned the theme parks and took the kid to the waterpark, where he went up and down, up and down, up and down the slides a million times. What a day! We had to finally drag him out of there.

On our way to dinner, we found a candy shop and just had to stop. Maybe not our smartest move.

When the kid threw up later that night, we shouldn't have been surprised.

Fast forward to today. I had a doctor's appointment, and to get him to be quiet for two minutes so I could talk to my doc, I gave Mo a sucker from his Halloween candy. As he unwrapped it, he told the doctor, "This weekend, my Mommy gave me too much candy and I throwed up!"

Thanks kid.

2 comments:

  1. Heheheh. I loved every bit of this story, especially that the park was too "themey."

    We were in the Wisconsin Dells the summer before Baby B. was born. I'd really like to go back someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of room do you get with the "make an offer". we need to go there for our daughter's dance competition and I don't want to spend the crazy amount the Kalahari is asking....fill me in! email me at jennikundinger@new.rr.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.