Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Friday, December 4, 2009

Oh, you better watch out

Mo has a new fascination: Santa Clause.

And what's most interesting to him about Santa isn't the presents. Or the fact that he has flying reindeer or travels up and down chimneys. The big deal for Mo is that Santa's watching him. I think it genuinely creeps him out.

"How does he do it, Mom?" he'll ask out of the blue.

"What?"

"How does Santa watch me? How does he know if I've been naughty or nice?"

As I was thinking of a good response to that yesterday, he ventured some suggestions.

"Does he have a giant telescope? Or is it some kind of map?"

I envisioned a map like in Harry Potter, where Santa watches what all the little kids are doing at all hours of the day and night.

"You know, Sweetie, I'm not sure how he does it - but I think it's magic."

He nods and thinks some more.

Under his breath, he utters, "Maybe I can trick him."

1 comment:

  1. Someday I'd like to meet the mighty Mo. He's quite a character.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.