Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mo likes the babysitter more than me

Sunday we had it all planned. The babysitter came at 9 to watch Curly. And me, Dad and our ski expert friend were going to take Mo on his first downhill skiing adventure.

I was so excited - and so was Mo.

But then it rained. And rained.

Yuck! Terrible ski conditions.

Since we had it all set up, we decided it would be nice to take Mo out for breakfast and bowling with us grown-ups while the babysitter watched Curly. At least he'd get to do something special if he couldn't go skiing.

Only when she showed up, Mo looked out the window sadly and said, "What are we doing again, Mom?"

Trying to sound chipper, I told him we were going for breakfast and bowling.

"Can I stay here?" he asked, eager to play with the babysitter.

"Really?" I asked, trying not to look too disappointed that he was rejecting our special Mo time.

"Yeah. I just want to stay here and play," he said.

Well, I wasn't going to force him to hang out with me. So we let him play. We had a grown-up breakfast at a not-very-kid-friendly place. It was nice. But I was still a little sad my 4-year-old didn't want to hang out with me.

But I should get used to that, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.