Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Nap time disaster in progress

When Mo woke up me and Curly just before 5 a.m. this morning, I tried to focus on the positive: Now, after preschool, all three of us could take a nap. (Mo rarely naps these days, which means I can't either.)

Well, right now I've been trying for more than an hour to get those two to sleep. Plan A was for the three of us to cuddle together, but the boys kept fighting for my attention.

Plan B, in progress right now, is to leave the two of them alone. I'm hoping in vain that they'll get bored and just go to sleep - at nighttime that works like a charm. But I can hear them up there goofing around as I write this.

My two nap time rules are:
1. Keep your head on the pillow
2. No talking

I threatened Mo that he wouldn't get a Popsicle this afternoon if he broke the rules one more time. So just before I headed downstairs, he got very serious. Laying in bed, he asked, "Is it OK if I blink?"

"Yes," I told him.

"Can I move my head a little bit, side to side?"

"Fine."

"What about if I have an itch? Can I scrape it?"

I sighed loudly. "Yes!" I told him as I headed downstairs.

Well, even as I finish writing this I can hear them up there. I guess it's time for Plan C: Take them for a little drive.

1 comment:

  1. Post script: Mo refused to go for a drive but offerred to lay on the couch while I laid down with his brother on my bed. With the help of another bottle, I got Curly to sleep and was shocked to find Mo sound alseep on the couch. Overlapping naptimes - wooo hooo!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.