Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"I don't want to die, ever."

Tonight I was helping Mo get ready for bed after his bath. He stopped and looked at me, suddenly fearful. Out of nowhere, he says:

Mo: I don't want to die!

Me: What makes you think you're going to die?

Mo: I don't want to die, ever.

Me: You don't have to worry. You won't die until you're very, very old. It's nothing you have to worry about right now.

Mo: But I don't want to die ever.

Me: Well, you can live longer by making sure you stay healthy. And you can stay healthy by eating fruits and vegetables and exercising and getting a good nights sleep.

Mo: Really, then I'll live forever?

Me: Well, uh...

Mo: Like until I'm 26?

Me: Yeah. Until you're 26. And even longer than that. Way longer.

Me: Wow.

1 comment:

  1. We've had a lot of death talk in our house ever since one of our cats died. My girls have no concept of age... they think I'm "really old"... so I wonder what that makes their grandma?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.