Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

More on winter in Boogerland

In my last post, I mentioned how the boys - amidst wintertime stir craziness - have been striping down and running laps and jumping on the bed.

Yesterday I was on the phone rescheduling a doctor's appointment when I could hear them getting naked. The squeals of delight gave them away. I figured I had a couple minutes to finish what I was doing before peaking in on them.

Oh but I was wrong. A couple minutes was way too long.

You see, normally, when they run around in the buff, it's not a problem. And they know that "naked time" is for our house only. Mo learned that when he was 2 and kept trying to strip every where we went.

But this time, well, Curly's diaper was full. I didn't know that.

I won't go into detail, but it involved a lot of carpet cleaning, impromptu baths and washing bedsheets and blankets and pillowcases - all before leaving for morning preschool.

To help burn their energy today, we opted for a winter walk in the woods.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh. And I thought I had it bad! My son swallowed a nickel and I am on poop watch until it passes. Nothing says love like digging through turds! Just typing that makes me want to go boil my hands (again) and then bathe in Purell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to announce that you make me smile. So, I nominated you for a Sunshine Award. Please head on over to my blog to accept your award. www.ourlifefromscratch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I can't help but like this, despite the grossness of it. We're so used to poop everywhere we don't even use sheets! We just use hospital pads and change them out 2 to 3 times a day! Sorry about the mess, but thanks for sharing. Nice to know we're not alone.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.