Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Buried treasure, right in our living room

Mo had the idea today to dump out all of the contents of the large wooden chest we use for toys. It hasn't been completely emptied since I don't know when. And boy did we find some treasure:
  • Tupperware lids
  • Measuring cups
  • The garage door opener that we replaced two years ago after concluding it would never reappear again
  • A full container of tic-tacs (dumped out and now colorless)
  • Lots of baby toys we'll be donating to Goodwill or the hospital
  • Lots of broken and junky stuff that went right to the trash
  • A Build-A-Bear outfit I never knew existed ("Rocky has jamies!?")
  • Missing game and puzzle pieces galore
  • A sufficient number of bouncy balls and toy cars for eight years worth of birthday party goodie bags
  • Enough forgotten-but-treasured toys to keep the boys entertained all afternoon

I'll try to remember this the next time I'm contemplating buying yet another new toy.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing where they manage to hide things? Months after my MIL said she misplaced her watch at our house we found it stuck in the "funnel" of our play vaccuum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.