Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

One thing about Kindergarten

The boys (and that includes Dad) have made some amazing forts lately, moving lots of furniture and even disassembling the bunk beds. I'd show you but Curly finally gave my camera it's fatal whack last weekend.

So in lieu of that, I'll talk about Kindergarten.

Last night I registered Mo for Kindergarten. It was surreal to walk those halls and imagine my baby boy in there within a matter of months.

I filled out crazy amounts of paperwork, and signed him up for a Kindergarten screening spot. I was telling him about it last night, and our conversation took an interesting turn.

Mo: Is that my school, the one with the really cool playground?

Me: Yep. That's where you'll be going to school every day.

Mo: Great. I already know one thing about Kindergarten.

Me: Oh yeah, what's that?

[I'm thinking he's going to tell me about his neighborhood friends who'll also be attending. Or that he knows he'll be walking to school everyday. Or that you don't nap or watch PBS Kids when you're in Kindergarten. But no.]

Mo: Well, I know that in Kindergarten I'm not allowed to say "What the hell?!"

Me: Um, yeah, I guess that's true.

[I'm thinking, "Oh man, this is going to be an interesting year."]

Mo: But at home I can say, "What the hell," right?

Me: No. I don't want you saying that at all.

[He sighs loudly and slumps his shoulders.]

2 comments:

  1. Small moments of joy. I love a good chuckle and have really needed them lately. Thanks for helping out! It's a superb anxiety remedy. Your Mo is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing so hard I'm almost crying! They listen to way too much of what we say (usually the wrong stuff). Sydney called John a "dork" last night - when I asked her where she learned that, she turned to me and was like "Mom, sometimes you call me a dork". I thought for a minute and realized, yup, sometimes I do, in that loving, Mommy sort of way. Oops. Jen

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.