Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Good Peanut Butter Story

I talk a lot about the horrible messes, frantic times and uncomfortable situations my boys put me through. But, lest I sound like a big ole whiner, I must admit we have a lot of wonderful bright spots in our crazy lives.

Sometimes it's the little things. Like at the playground the other day when a little girl got stuck, and Mo hoisted her up - really, he rescued her - and then went about his business of chasing the older boys. Not a second thought.

I was so proud.

And this weekend, Mo was my little shining star.

The boys usually get up at 5:45 a.m. But instead of running into our room and tugging at me and Daddy to entertain them - the boys went downstairs on their own.

Mo put on Curly's favorite train cartoon - which is all it takes to keep the little guy happy.

But it didn't end there. When they got hungry, Big Brother Mo got out the bread and (using a chopstick, since he's not allowed to use the knives) made two peanut butter sandwiches. He even got out the special cookie cutters to make the PBJs into circle shapes.

The next time they make one of their infamous messes, I'll try to remember coming down the stairs yesterday morning - with an extra 45 minutes of sleep - and seeing them camped out on the living room rug, side-by-side, eating their little circle sammies and watching The Busy Little Engine.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, your kids are so sweet. Stories like this make me so excited that Noah is going to have a little brother in about 3 months! I can't wait to see what life has in store for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Leah - I look forward to hearing about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.