Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What did you say?

We've had Curly hanging around our house for nearly two years now. We're used to him crying, grunting or pointing to get what he wants. He's also proficient in speaking gibberish.

Until recently.

It seems like overnight, Curly went from not talking to speaking complete sentences. It's the strangest thing. Almost like having a different kid around.

Take this morning. My little guy used to pull me by the finger to the pantry and point to what he wanted. Today, he just walked up to me and said, "I want cake, Mom."

The other day when Mo asked for an "orange cheese stick," Curly looks over and says, "I want orange cheese too."

I love hearing his little voice, but it still throws me when I'm struggling to put on his shoes and instead of crying or whining, he yells, "I DON'T WANNA GO!"

1 comment:

  1. That's crazy but oh so great! Can't wait til my little girl talks too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.