Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mo goes underground

Today we got a brochure for the upcoming season at our local botanical gardens. As members, we get discounted rates on their classes. They even have a few for kids.

I was reading the course listing to see if anything caught Mo's fancy:
  • Wiggling worms
  • From root to flower
  • Eating the alphabet
  • What's underground
  • Butterflies
You get the picture.

Well when I mentioned "What's underground," he jumped up.

"That one!" he said, excitedly.

"Great," I said. " You want to know more about what's underground. I can see why that would be interesting."

"Well, no," he said. "I already know what's underground."

"Oh," I said, thinking he meant soil and roots and rock. But that's not the path he was going down.

Beaming, he told me, "Underground are dead people. Oh, and pipes for your toilets."

Somehow, I don't think those will be covered in the class.

1 comment:

  1. I rarely really and truly laugh out loud... but this gets a big ol' LOL from me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.