Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

More sick day funnies

With both kids sick and barely eating or drinking anything, I'm letting them have whatever they want.

Chocolate donut with rainbow sprinkles for lunch. Why not?

Two kinds of ice cream for dinner. Sure, go ahead.

Curley requested mac-n-cheese at 4:15 a.m. today, and I complied - thankfully we had some leftover in the fridge, so it wasn't too hard. Though I'm not sure he ate even one spoonful.

And yesterday when we made another medicine run, Mo spotted some toys at the pharmacy. They were on sale and sure to keep them busy for a few hours - and after three sick days, they've watched every show we own and played with nearly every toy - so why not?

When we were setting up a new board game, drinking grape Kool-Aid and having fruit snacks for lunch, I think the reality of it all finally hit Mo.

"Why are you being so nice to me Mom?" he asked.

"Because I love you," I replied.

He thought for a second.

"I think you're lying. I think you're doing it cuz I'm sick."

[One more sick day funny tomorrow.]

1 comment:

  1. That's so great! Our little one gets sick so often, and she's not talking about it yet, but man, it won't be long before she's milking all the TV and treats she can get on purpose.

    Mo is a funny one... but I know the truth. It is because you love him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.