Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Friday, June 25, 2010

One more funny sick day story

Earlier this week on the way to the doctor's office, I told Mo that they would be asking about his symptoms. One that I wasn't sure about was if he's been congested.

"Has your nose been stuffy?" I asked.

"What's 'stuffy'?"

"It's when your nose has lots of boogers in it," I explained.

"Well, if it does, I just dig 'em out."

Oh boy.

"Do me a favor," I told him, "don't tell the nurse that, OK?"

"Why Mom? It's the truth. Do you want me to lie?" he asked.

As I thought about how to reply, apparently Mo's mind was wandering too.

"You should really try it Mom," Mo said.

"What's that?"

"Boogers! They really make a great dessert."

Thankfully, this conversation wasn't repeated when we got to the doctor's office.

3 comments:

  1. Like the people who work at the doctor's office couldn't use a good laugh, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!!

    And by the way, I think you're great for posting your "downer" blog as you called it. Keepin' it real... Keepin' it real...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kel!

    Good point Lolli, but I'm sure the clinic employees got plenty of other laughs from us - just trying to keep Mo from public conversations about the merits of digging in one's nose.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.