Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Mo and the Scrambler

We took a trip the the local amusement park this weekend. It's where I learned - last year - that I just can't handle the Tilt-A-Whirl anymore. But for some reason, I can stomach an occasional ride on the Scrambler.

The Scrambler was Mo's favorite ride this year.

On his seventh scrambling of the afternoon - the second time he convinced me to ride with him - I started getting quite dizzy.

"Why do we do this to ourselves?" I asked, mostly to myself.

"What Mom?" Mo asked.

"What do you like so much about this ride, Kiddo?" I groaned, watching the world spin around me at warp speed.

"I just like it," he answered quickly.

But then he thought some more.

"Mom, I like it because I like the hole it makes in my tummy," he shouted as we flew around in circles, pinned together. "It makes me feel not dead, Mom."

Then we finally started slowing down. Thank goodness! And though I did feel more alive, like Mo observed with his 4-year-old's wisdom, I was mostly just glad it was over.

1 comment:

  1. I loved amusement parks when I was younger. Still, I'm dreading the day I take my girls because I know I'm too old to handle most of the "fun" rides.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.