Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Friday, August 13, 2010

Car wrecks and bad puns

We were driving home today and traffic was backed up for a couple miles. As we got closer we saw the flashing lights of emergency vehicles.

"Uh oh," I said. "Looks like someone got in an accident."

Mo knows all about car accidents. Both Daddy and I have been in crashes in the past few years - both of us had totaled cars and I got a back/neck injury that still bothers me today. Thankfully, we were both on our work commutes, and no boys were with us. In fact, Mo seems to think that the only way to get a new vehicle is to crash up your existing one. ("Mom, can you crash your car again, so we can get a van?")

Anyway, back to the story.

Mo peaks out the window and sees a crunched up mini van. He deadpans, "Looks like someone peed in their car."

"What?" I asked.

"Someone had an accident in their car," he says earnestly.

And then he starts cracking up, laughing. "Get it Mom! Someone peed in their car!! They had an accident!"

2 comments:

  1. Anne Smith24.8.10

    Your blog posts are hilarious as always, Brooke. I just put your site into my work favorites so I can try to look at it more often. In fact, it just gave me an idea that you need to figure out how to get PAID for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne - I'd love to get paid for this, talk about a dream job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.