Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Goofy socks in the face of adversity

If you've read this blog even once before, you know that Mo is a character. He often dresses himself and his sparkling personality shines through in his wardrobe choices. Remember the dog collar/belt?


Well, now it's goofy socks. And boy does the kid have a lot of goofy socks. They're purple striped with blue owls. They're green with monkeys. They're black-and-pink polka dotted. And zebra striped.

Mo casually told me on the third day of kindergarten that some classmates were saying, "You must be a girl because you're wearing girl socks."
His response? "I like these socks."


When they kept making fun of him, he stuck out his tongue at them. He tells me he's responded the same way now at least a couple times with kids who've teased him about his outfits.

To help the little guy out, now when he gets dressed I always make sure there's at least one pair of plain white socks to pick from, if he wants to go the plain route.

And how many times do you think he's picked the white ones?


Never.

He knows the other kids might laugh at him, but he doesn't seem to mind. I hope that never changes.

3 comments:

  1. Oh that is so great. I love his creativity and his self-esteem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly - me too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6.1.12

    I'm a boy and I wear girl socks all the time I support you all the way

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.