Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The day a (trashy) dream died

Mo loves garbage trucks. And I mean loves.

He runs to the windows when he hears them a-coming. We take walks specifically to follow the garbage truck routes - Mo running from house to house, watching excitedly.

For Halloween, he dressed up as a garbage truck driver. You get the picture.

So tonight I was reading Curly one of Mo's old favorites, Trashy Town. Mo knows it by heart. It's about a trash man who collects all the trash in the town and then has one thing left to clean up - on the last page, he takes a bath.

Mo looked up from the Judy Moody book he was reading with Daddy.

"Is that true?" he asked.

"What's that?"

"If you're a trash man, do you really have to take a bath every single day?" he demanded.

"Yep," Daddy and I said in unison.

Mo nodded and listened to the last chapter of his book. Finally, he declared, "Mom. Dad. I've decided. I no longer want to be a garbage truck driver when I grow up."

1 comment:

  1. My Nathan loves garbage trucks too. We have 3 cans so that leads to about 5 or 6 trucks a day. That early morning driver has seen me truly beautiful with crazy hair and pj's just so Nathan can watch the truck work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.