Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

"You get what you get..."

Mo has quickly adopted the vernacular of Kindergarten.

Besides things he's picked up on the playground ("Girls go to Jupiter...), he's shared some really cute expressions that I'd bet he learned in the classroom:

  • When dolling out snacks: "One, two, three - that's enough for me."

  • When working on crafts: "A dot, a dot, a dot will do - more than that is too much glue."

  • On dealing with the hand you're dealt: "You get what you get, and you don't have a fit."

  • Time to be quiet: "Zip it, lock it, put it in your pocket."

2 comments:

  1. "You get what you get..." is a popular saying in our house. With four girls all the same age, someone is bound to not get what she wants... whether it's the orange plate at the lunch or a specific toy in a Happy Meal. It's actually worked really well in calming arguments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a follow up to this, Mo was trying to get my attention yesterday and he said, "One, two, three. Eyes on me."

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.