Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Friday, January 7, 2011

Don't mess with an angry 2-year-old

Curly's been experiencing the typical frustrations of a 2-year-old, being small and unable to communicate as effectively as the rest of us - and trying to keep up with his big brother.


Take a recent car conversation:


Mo: Mom, can I have -


Curly: She's not your mom! SHE'S MY MOM!


Mo: She's my mom, too.


Me: Yes, Honey, I'm his mom too.


Curly: HE'S NOT TWO, I'M TWO!


The rest of us pause for a second, then start laughing. Curly huffs, even more mad.


Mo (laughing): I know I'm not two. I'm five.


Curly: YOU'RE NOT FIVE!


Mo: Yes I am five.


Curly (still angry): YES YOU ARE! YOU'RE FIVE, I'M TWO!


I'm actually having fun dealing with the stubborn 2-year-old behaviors the second time around - a little perspective goes a long way. In fact, I actually find Curly pretty cute while he's going through his little tantrums - never thought I'd say that!

3 comments:

  1. That's so cute - so literal at that age! Or maybe its a man thing as well, my husband still is. I love your thought on perspective - we felt the same way with John. He'd get all crazy, still does, and we'd just look at him and laugh, grab the camera, take some photos and by that time he'd calm down and we'd hug. The things you learn....

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very cute...I have learned to enjoy the tantrums from time to time. Perspective is the key.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! That was great! I'm a new follower & mama to 6 boys. I have an almost 2 yr old & a 5 yr old as well. Love those ages!!!! Be great if you'd stop by my blog & say hi! Love meeting new moms of boys!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.