Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sleep vs. monsters

This alarm clock is my nemesis.

I had the bright idea to let Mo pick out his own alarm clock when he started Kindergarten in September. However, the ear-splitting BBBBBBRIINNNNNNGGGGG on this thing make me want to run screaming down the sidewalk.

Knowing this, the kids like to set if off "for fun" at random times during the day.

I've threatened, many a time, to "throw that thing in the garbage if you don't turn it off RIGHT NOW!" And, frankly, I'm not sure why it hasn't landed in the Goodwill pile yet.

Anyway, after one such moment today, Mo asks me, "Mom, what if this alarm clock was set to go off and wake everybody up if ever a monster came into our house?"

Now, speaking as someone who hasn't had a full night of sleep since 2007, my immediate reply was, "That would be really sad if it woke everyone up. Sleep is very important."

Mo looked me in the eye and asked, "Wouldn't it be more important to wake us up so we could chase the monster out of our house before it ate our entire family?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.