Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Monday, January 3, 2011

The trouble with Santa

I'm starting to wonder if this was our last year with both kids believing in Santa. Mo's already starting to question.

First he didn't like the idea of the fat man in red sneaking around our house while we're sleeping.

Then on Christmas morning, Dad asked him, "Did you get everything you wanted for Christmas."

Mo replied, "Santa's a liar!"

"What?"

"I gave him directions to get me a sled with a steering wheel. And I told him two different times," he said, utterly disappointed. "Santa's a liar!"

In all honesty, we did look for sleds with steering wheels but didn't think it was a huge deal. Grandma got him a really cool sled - and Santa got him a Razor scooter - we thought that would overshadow the missing steering wheel. But I guess not.

How long do most kids believe in Santa, anyway?

2 comments:

  1. I'm guessing I have one or two more years. Once my girls are in kindergarten next year (or in first grade) they're going to start being around kids who have "figured it out."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4.1.11

    How long do most kids believe in Santa, anyway?

    Chris figured it out this year, he is 10. Now he helps the fat man in red.

    Greg

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.