Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Friday, January 28, 2011

When Mommy's sick

I've been sick the past couple days. Yesterday my temp was 102, and I could barely get off the couch. (Better today, thank goodness.)

I noticed how things change around here when Mama's sick. As I watched the dishes pile up and noted how badly the floors needed sweeping, I found myself saying some unlikely things to my Booger Boys:
  • What's for dinner, Mommy?
"You know where the cereal is. Get some for your brother, too."
  • Can I eat the leftover noodles in the fridge?
"Sure. Go ahead and eat 'em cold. If you can't reach the forks, just use your fingers."
  • I don't have any clean socks.
"Well, find some in the laundry basket that don't stink too bad."
  • Can I watch another show?
"Sure. Watch as much TV as you like."

1 comment:

  1. As much as I hate seeing my children sick, it is so much easier when they are sick instead of me. The last time I was sick my girls were upstairs every 5 minutes "Mommy are you OK?" It was sweet at first and then quite annoying. Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.