Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Well Dressed (little) Man

As you probably gathered, Mo dresses himself. And I'm his biggest supporter. Unless it's inappropriate for the weather, I let him wear whatever he darn well pleases.

I did, however, drop a hint that picture day at school was coming up - noting that it would be great if he could put on something special the following morning.

He didn't disappoint.

At first glance, what a sharp young man! He picked out a dress shirt from Lands End in the perfect shade of blue to bring out his beautiful eyes.

And then I took a closer look.

He paired the nice shirt with some black sweat pants and rolled-down blaze orange socks.

Maintaining my laissez-faire wardrobe philosophy, I bit my tongue and politely asked if he might consider putting on a nicer pair of pants. Khakis, cords, even jeans?

He didn't even look up from his cartoons to reply: "You can only see from here [putting a hand on his lower-chest] and up in the picture."

Touche, Little Man.

Go forth with your sweat pants and orange socks - and nice blue dress shirt. I'm sure your school pictures will be adorable.

1 comment:

  1. He would make a perfect TV news anchor. It wasn't unusual for us to be dressed nice from the waist up and be wearing jeans!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.