Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Friday, May 27, 2011

More lessons from kindergarten

Shortly after Mo started kindergarten I posted some of the cultural things he was learning -- like "Girls go to Jupiter to get more stupider."

As the end of the school year approaches, I realize how lousy I've been at recording all of the other, ahem, important social lessons he's picked up. In no particular order:
  • Guess what? Chicken butt.
  • Mama had a baby and the head popped off [pops the head off dandelion].
  • Lame. This is word is now outlawed in my house!
  • Dude. Mo calls every boy his age, "dude."
  • Not everyone is a vegetarian.
  • Not everyone lives with their mom and dad -- or has a mom and dad.
  • Idiot. When he's upset, Mo says, "Everyone thinks I'm an idiot." Urg.
  • Crybaby. One of the worst insults, apparently, that you can hurl at a kindergartner.
  • The name of every kindergartner who's thrown up at his school this year. Trust me, I get updates all the time.
  • All the words to "Last Christmas." Who knew that WHAM! was so big with the kindergarten set?

1 comment:

  1. Most of what you wrote about is pretty similar to what my girls learned in preschool... except for "Last Christmas." How random is that?! Now I'm singing that song in my head!

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.