Update October 2015

We've been living overseas since about the time this blog petered out. There are lots of funny Mo-and-Curly-abroad stories to share -- I'm exploring the best way to do that.

Thanks for tuning in!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Curly's Halloween costume

I'm a sucker for group Halloween costumes. Must have started the year my college roommates and I dressed as KISS. We looked awesome.

Last year Curly and Mo masqueraded as Mario and Luigi. It was a hoot.

This year - after watching the movie and seeing a live performance of The Wizard of Oz - I thought PERFECT.

I can be Dorothy. Dad wants to be the Scarecrow. Mo loves robots and gladly offered to dress up as the Tin Man.

So Curly can be the Cowardly Lion. Right? Wouldn't that be adorable?

Well, Curly doesn't think so.

How about Toto? Or a munchkin? Perhaps the Wizard himself.

Nope. Nada. No way, silly Mama.

What does Curly want to be for Halloween? Sticking with the Wizard of Oz theme, of course...

Curly wants to be the tornado. Yep, the tornado.

Good thing we have a few weeks here. Any creative types out there, don't be shy. I could use some ideas, people.

3 comments:

  1. Felt. You can make anything costume related with felt. I would make a big felt cone - held in shape with boning. Then I would wrap/glue variegated gray and white yarn around the outside. I'd cut arm/leg/face holes. Totally a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Felt. (You can make anything costume-related with felt!) I would make a big felt cone with arm/leg/face holes. I would use boning to make it hold its shape. Then to make it look more tornado-y I would wrap it in variegated gray/white yarn. Totally a fun fam costume idea! A couple of years ago, my daughter went as a wicked witch and her little bro went as her flying monkey. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous30.9.11

    Hilarious! Please post a picture if you make a tornado costume!! :-) - Emily your cousin by marriage

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment and become my new best friend! I love to hear what readers have to say.